Thursday, June 30, 2016

The true meaning of April Fools...


Ahhh!! Oh my.. There is just so much I need to tell and not enough time!! Ahhhh! Ok, ok, first thing first...

I FREAKING LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! AHHH!! I literally just don't want it to end!!

The weather this week was wonderful!! There were two whole days where it was like 71 degrees with a slight breeze.. Man, a girl can't ask for more then that!

I know truly understand the full meaning of the phrase "April Fools". April here is Maine is a mean, mean month. First off, the weather app will tell us that it's going to be in the high 50s and 60s all week.

So, of course, us sweet little unsuspecting, trusting, innocent, sister missionaries fold up those winter leggings and put away our jackets as the warm sunshine is beaming though the windows. We finally have that spark of hope of warm days and the depression of dark -20 degree weather has been lifted off of our backs. We run outside only to find that the weather man failed to mention that it would be 68 degrees that day, with a wind chill of 30 degrees.

Darn you April fools... I am very much looking forward with hope to a kinder May.

Anyways this week has been great! We did a lot of service! On of the members is moving so we helped paint their staircase, front porch and doors. We also helped other member rake up leaves. Oh yeah and we also helped, well by helped I mean attempted, to pull down these huge branched off of a tree.
I LOVE doing service!! The members here are so sweet! I love them!

We also picked up a new investigator this week!! Woohoo! Her name is Sue and she is hilarious. She had been taught by missionaries before a long time ago and really like reading the scriptures with them. She really is the biggest sweetheart.

On Tuesdays we had interviews with the mission president. So there I was talking with President Stoker when he mentions the fact that this will be our last interview together.   Well we both start tearing up and all these memories come flooding into my head. President Stoker's mission ends in July so they will be packing up and heading back home to Arizona soon. We sat there and talked about memories and how fast the time has gone since the first interview I had with him when I was in his office at the mission home just about 10 months ago.

Ah! It was so emotional. President and Sister Stoker are both some of the kindest people I have ever met and have really become my mission parents while I am away from my parents. I am so lucky to be serving here!!

I also got the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting on prayer. It was a last minute talk that they asked me to give because the member who was supposed to talk was sick. I love this branch and all of the people in it!!

President Stoker shared with me a really great poem that I want to share as my spiritual thought..

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
The die has been cast; I have stepped over the line.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my presence makes sense, and my future is secure.
I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with penance, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the mass of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the name of Christ.
I must go on til He comes, give til I drop, preach til all I know, and work til He stops me,
And when we returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me, my banner will be clear.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone that believeth...

Romans 1:16

"Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the Lord will do wonders among you." Joshua 3:5

Have a happy happy day!!
I love you all!
xoxox
Sister Dickson




No comments:

Post a Comment