Monday, February 29, 2016

We are nuts.

Well hello friends!

This week literally almost all of our appointments fell through. Kill me.

It is pretty hard. But it was still really great week.

Tuesday we went to Charlene's house. We helped her transplant her George's. George is a big aloe vera plant, Who had lots of babies. 30 of them to be exact. So I put them in different pots for the relief society sisters. Now we have six George's. Four of them are just little teeny baby George's. We're killing them. I don't know how you kill an aloe Vera plant. We literally aren't doing anything to it. Oh well hopefully it will live. Charlene thinks that they are just traumatized from being transplanted And that they will be OK eventually.

That night we were at a members house for dinner and they have a really long driveway. So when I was backing out I backed out into a snowbank. That was ice. It got stuck. So The members come out to help and we call the elders and they start digging in the snow and after 45 minutes we got unstuck. It takes true talent to get that stuck. That's what I keep telling myself anyways.

Wednesday I witnessed my very first real life Ice storm. We have to drive to Bangor chapel that day which is about a 45 minute drive. Then we had to drive another 45 minutes to get to the Newport Chapel for zone meeting. The roads were scary. But we were OK. Because I literally was driving 30 miles an hour the whole way there.

So zone meeting was SO GOOD! The spirit was so strong. We made a wumbo plan. if you don't know what wumbo is, go watch SpongeBob. One of the elders there said something really awesome he said "I can't brag about my love for God because I will fail him, I'm in perfect, but one thing I can brag about is His love for me because it is unfailing."

During lunch the whole zone played the game "never have I ever." If you don't know what that game is you need to go to girls camp. It got pretty crazy it was so much fun. I really get to serve with the coolest missionaries.

Saturday we got to go to the cow farm again. Sister Hoopes was so funny. She was like freaking out the whole time because she was so excited to feed the cows. It's pretty fun we got to bottlefeed a little baby cow, she was so white and fluffy!! She didn't like being fed, but we need to feed her or else she would, you know, die. So I had to hold her down while sister Hoopes shoved the bottle down her throat. The baby cow didn't like that too much, but after she realized that she wasn't hungry anymore then she liked us again.

Sunday MIRACLES happen. Three less actives came to church. Two of them I thought would probably never ever come back. Oh me, a little faith. But that game! It was so awesome. We also had dinner that night with sister Haskins and her granddaughter Alexa. They are literally the coolest people ever, I was laughing so hard the whole dinner.

The weather here in Maine is awful. You never know what you're going to get. Maine does not have four seasons. They have 8 seasons. The first one is winter, then winter thaw, then -20° winter, then mud season, blackfly season, then summer, then deadly sticky humid season, then fall, then autumn leaves season, then back to winter. It's pretty crazy here I can understand why everybody is completely nuts. Because I'm going completely nuts. Poor sister Hoopes, actually poor sister Dickson, because sister Hoopes is legit going crazy too. We are a couple of wack jobs, Who have no idea what they're doing that keep backing up into snowbanks.

Well I guess it is time for my spiritual thought. I know you all are so lucky.

Now let's get down to the nitty-gritty dirty part of our society.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO STOP RATIONALIZING THEIR ACTIONS.

2 Nephi 15:20, 23 "Wo unto them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! ... Who justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!"

God has given us the black and white. We know what's right and wrong. But we as our silly lazy human selfs make that gray area.

I feel like this is something that I have been having to learn a lot about this week. Even justifying the little things is just not ok. Doing the things that God wants us to do will bring us happiness even if "it's not what we want". When in reality we don't know what we want, He does. We just need to just stop getting in the way of our own happiness. And by we and definitely mean me also.

So be like a primary child and sing "choose the right when a choice is placed before you!"

Can I get an AMEN?

AMMMMMEEEEEEN!

Bye guys have a great week!
Kisses!!
Loves,
Sister Dickson







No comments:

Post a Comment