Monday, February 29, 2016

Never thought I would get to call 911 on my mission

Well I never thought I would almost die so many times in one week.

Tuesday it was POURING rain. Cats and dogs, goats and fish, puddles and puddles raining everywhere. We were in Dover that night for our Book of Mormon study class we do when we were driving home a tree almost fell on us. But don't worry it missed. Then a tree fell in front of us so we took a picture. Then when we had to drive over the bridge that was flooded it was like we were Moses parting the sea. Whoosh!

The roads were so icy and muddy and crazy all week.

Saturday the Elders had a baptism so we went to that then we all had dinner at the branch presidents home. Well I thought I knew how to get there so I didn't put it in the GPS. Well, you could guess what happened...

We went the wrong way

But we did not get lost!!

It was pouring rain that night and it was very cold.

So when we pulled into a road to turn around I was kind of caught off guard when we see this truck that's stuck in a ditch. Being my good natured loving self I started driving towards the truck to see if we could help.

I realized after we slowly starting sliding down the hill that it probably wasn't a good idea. Then we came to a stop, so I jumped out of the car and almost fell on my face. That road was a legit ice rink. So the kid in the truck is stuck in the ditch (who refuses to accept help from us) and there is another car stuck at the top of the hill. So we start driving to the other car and its Sister Sandra Harmon, who is the grandmother of the Noah Harmon, who was the one who just got baptized that night. She couldn't make it up the hill to get to her house and she forgot her cell phone. So she told me to call 911 and tell them to get a sand truck to that road so she could make it home.

So I can now say I have had to call 911 on my mission!!

Haha I do realize that I probably just about gave 95% of you a heart attack. But no worries guys! Our jeep is a beast and has like the best tires known to man. Plus God is totally protecting us. And I have some good stories now. I wasn't scared at all because I know that God was watching out for us.

I knew where the branch presidents house was, I guess I was just meant to get lost so I could help Sister Harmon. Sometimes God does work in mysterious ways.

Well anyways this week has been really good. We did a lot of teaching and stayed pretty busy all week. We were at the Gushue's (who are some less actives) and were teaching their grandsons a lesson (they aren't members) and the 10 year old grandson just is begging us for a Book of Mormon. We were like.. I mean if we have too. It was so cool! That kid is awesome!

Haha Ashley cracks me up. She went to Noah's baptism and the whole time she was talking about how she wants an apostle to baptize her and she wants to get baptized in her wedding dress. Hahah it's been an interesting week..

Well I guess I could share my spiritual thought now.

So remembering me talking about God working on mysterious ways? I definitely know that God answered Sister Harmon's prayer by having us get lost and find her. He loves us all so much and he will always answers prayers. Even if it's in a weird way that we might not understand.

Alma 9:26 And not many days hence the Son of God shall come in his glory; and his glory shall be the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, equity, and truth, full of patience, mercy, and long-suffering, quick to hear the cries of his people and to answer their prayers.

I know with a surety that God hears and answers prayers. This church is so true!! It's awesome!
I love you all so much!!
Have a safe week!
And a happy day
Sister Dickson



No comments:

Post a Comment