Monday, February 15, 2016

🐶🐾Mush, baby Mush!🐾🐶

I have never thought that I would be able to check so many things off my bucket list while being on a mission.

ITS SO COOL!

But anyhow let's start from the beginning shall we..

Tuesday was fantastic!! It was zone interviews. So for all of you new folk out there a zone is like a big group of missionaries that serve in the same area. So we are the Bangor West zone. We all got together in Newport, Maine and had a zone meeting and had interviews with the Mission President, President Stoker. It was a hoot. We rode down to Newport with the Dover Elders and they did the sweetest thing! They texted us the night before and said that if we met them at their apartment early they would buy us Subway for lunch! Awwww! So grateful for such great Elders to serve with!

Wednesday was also wonderful. So there is a senior couple named Elder and Sister Adams who are over family history and temple work in our mission. They were offering more training on familysearch.org and so they came up and taught us more on how we can help our members and investigators feel the Spirit through family history work.

Thursday was very fun. We did our usual service at the food cupboard here in Milo. They got a huge order of food that day, so Sister Jensen and I got a really good arm work out carrying boxes of canned peaches and peas all over creation. Then we went over to a lady's house, who we know from the food cupboard, and helped her make a cute scrapbook page for her great grandson.

Friday we were so busy! It was awesome! We went over to the Picott's for dinner as usual and the fed us yummy spaghetti. The lesson we had with them was so awesome! We taught them the restoration again. The Spirit was sooo strong! I got all excited and giddy.

The gospel is true guys, so true!

Anywho... Saturday was SO STINKIN AWESOME! Oh my goodness! We got to volunteer at the dogsled races! It was the coolest thing ever. I wore two pairs of leggings, a shirt, and a big think sweatshirt, plus snow pants and my big coat. I looked like I weighed about 732 pounds. But I was nice and toasty warm. We went around to all the mushers and did the checklist thing to make sure they have everything that was required and we helped to align the dogs and walk (more like run) them to the starting line. The dogs were so excited they were like bouncing up and down and barking so loud because they couldn't wait to start running! It was really a once and a life time opportunity that I am so grateful I got to experience.  They also had like cute little puppies who would try and act like the grown up dogs, all ready to race. So cute!!

Sunday was wonderful. I just love the branch here and all the people in it! There is a girl in the branch who had her farewell on Sunday. She is going to California and oh my it was so fun watching her and she was like asking us for advice and such. It reminded me of when I was in the MTC 7 months ago... Wait.. Back up! 7 MONTHS?!?!?! WHAT!!!! I have been a missionary for seven months already. I'm like freaking out right now because I can't even believe it.

AHHHH! Time is going by too quickly I can't even handle it! Make it stop!!!

Ok, sorry for the interruption, but on Sunday we also went to Sister Calls house again. We stopped in just for a quick lesson but she ended up feeding us homemade corn chowder and butterscotch pudding. She was cracking jokes and making me laugh so hard! She is just so cute I can't even.. Then she shuffles to the back of her house saying she has something for us. The shuffles back to us with the cutest stationary kit I have ever seen that has a journal, sticky notes, thank you cards and a pen. It so cute and flowery and pink! She also wrote the sweetest note inside my journal. We were crying because it was just so perfect. I just love everybody here so stinking much!!!

It's time for your favorite time of the week!! Spiritual thought! Woo!
So I would like to start off by sharing an experience that is slightly funny and a little embarrassing. So a sweet lady in our branch let us borrow some ski pants she had to keep us warm for the dogsled races. So Friday night I tried on the pants and they didn't fit. So I was crying and being completely over dramatic. I didn't have any pants warm enough to wear so I was drop dead convinced that the next day I was going to freeze to death and die. While I lay in bed, accepting the fact that this was my last night here on earth and preparing myself for the treacherous and uncertain torture I would be facing the next day Sister Jensen came and oh so sweetly reminded me that God takes care of His children. Especially His missionaries.

Well do you know what guys? She was right. Because the next morning Charlene brought awesome and warm snow pants for me to wear that fit just right.

But what is even more awesome is that isn't the only tender mercy God has extended towards me. I could go on and on for hours and pages about every single miracle God has aloud me to witness. He has truly opened my eyes to see all of the good that He does. I love the scripture in the Book of Mormon that says "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Nephi 1:20)

But what is even cooler is that we choose if we are His chosen people. Many are called, few are chosen. He has so many miracles and blessing just waiting for us. And I know without a doubt that He can't wait to use them! But we need to let Him. We need to open our heart to Him and count our many blessings.

Tender mercies. Are you looking for them? I can promise you that as you look for them, God will help open your eyes to the beauty of the world and that will make you happier! Remember, there is always something to be grateful for.

I know I am so blessed and so grateful towards my Heavenly Father. I know this church is true and I know of the happiness and hope that it brings into people's lives. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior so very much. I love this work that I am privileged to be apart of.

It's so cool.

I love you all
Have a happy day!
Love,
Sister Dickson

















No comments:

Post a Comment