Monday, July 27, 2015

When things get rough, worms and ice cream

Worms and Ice Cream

Everybody hates us
Nobody likes us
Let's go eat some worms.
Fat ones
Skinny ones
Little itty bitty ones
I like the ones that squirm. 
WOO!

Well hello my little worms. 
That's the song Sister Bee and I sing when we are out tracting for 40 days and 40 nights and no one lets us talk. Funny story though, we were singing that when a lady who was walking behind us gave us a funny look. We didn't know she was there. And she didn't want to talk about Jesus either. It was pretty funny though. Hahaahaha

So this week has been...interesting. Very interesting but good. So after going to the temple on Tuesday, which was fantastic, I got sick. Like way sick. I had the 24 hour flu. So all day Wednesday I was literally dying. But let me just tell you Sister Bee is sooo amazing. I literally was so sick I couldn't get out of bed, so she made me toast, ran a bath for me, made me some noodles for dinner (I love noodles), got me medicine, made sure I always had water, and told me funny stories to cheer me up. She was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a greater companion. I really think that because of her I was able to get up Thursday morning and get back to work! I am sure the priesthood blessing helped too! Haha I've only been out here for two weeks and I've only gotten sick 3 times. I think I've been sick enough now I don't have to worry about it for the rest of my mission! (Hopefully). 

This week has been really challenging. We got 8 return appointments from tracting and everytime we went to check up on them they weren't home. And all of the other potential investigators and less actives we tired to check up on weren't home either. But we will keep trying. And hopefully we will be able to catch them at a good time. We have a few really promising potentials so pray for them please! 

We have a count on how many people open their doors without pants on cuz, ya know, that's like totally a normal thing to do. We also get ice cream after hard days. And good days. And whenever we see people with no pants on. Let's just say we get ice cream a lot. Also, the people here think that 80 degree weather is like as hot as inside a volcano so they ALWAYS have the air turned down to 30 degrees. I'm always so cold and they look at me like I'm crazy. They don't understand that I just came from 104 degree weather. They have no idea what true heat is. Hahaha but I love the weather here! The high is like 80 and the humidity hasn't been bad at all so I am in heaven!!! But winter is gonna be a toughy.. I can already tell. 

So for a spiritual thought I have this wonderful poem Sister Bee shared with me about forgiveness, it goes:
Forgiveness
To forgive, is not to forget
To forgive is to really remember
That nobody is perfect
That each of us stumbles
When we want so much to stay upright
That each of us say things,
We wish we never said,
That we can all remember 
That love is more important than being right
To forgive is really to remember 
That we are so much more
Than our mistakes
That we are often more kind and caring
Than we think we are
That accepting others flaws
Can help us accept our own
To forgive is to remember that the odds are pretty good
That we might need to be forgiven ourselves
That life gives us more than we can handle gracefully
To forgive, is to remember
That we have room in our hearts to begin again
And again
And again
-Sydni Masoncup 

So my challenge for all of you is too forgive. It's easier said than done, but it's worth it. If God can forgive us all the time for all the stupid things we do, than we can forgive too.

God is real
He knows us
He will help us
The gospel is true
God loves you
And so do I 

Love, Sister Dickson

Maranda's Awesome Zone 






















A Walk in the Woods 



I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream! 


When Things Get Rough 

So Friday was a particularly hard day. All our appointments canceled
and no one would answer their doors or they would say the infamous I'm
all set. I was really discourage until sister bee had a prompting that
we needed to stop at this certain street and go tracting. I said ok
and we went. We knocked on quite a few doors and no one said yes. We
were more discouraged and about ready to turn around when a car pulled
up to a driveway. A man got out so we went over and asked if he had a
moment and he was like yeah i do.
After he said yes I was shocked. We talked for a while and we gave him
a Book of Mormon and he said he'll read it.
Now we don't know of anything will come of it, because from what he
was telling us he was strongly involved in his religion but he lifted
our spirits. God put us on that path to find him because God knew that
we needed that extra "umph" to get through the day. That experienced
helped me realize that God knows what he is doing and we just need to
trust in him. This picture was taken right after that experience. A
rainbow. I beautiful rainbow that said to me, God know you. And he
loves you. Keep your spirit high and never doubt. There is a purpose
to every door you knock on.




No comments:

Post a Comment