Monday, September 14, 2015

Awko taco

So as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints there are a few things I have had to embrace and accept. But I think the biggest one I have really struggled with is the awkwardness. 

One of the first things I was taught in the MTC was that missionary work is awkward and it's time for us to start embracing that awkward and then accepting it and loving it. I didn't really fully understand that until I came out into the field. But now I do. Man oh man is being a missionary awkward. 

And the people here don't do anything to help make it less awkward. 

STORY TIME! 

So a little bit ago we were out in Dover checking up on some potentials. Sister Bee and her last companion were the ones who tracted into these people and I was on exchanges with Sister Tyler, so we had no idea who these people were and what they looked like. So we went up to this house and knocked on the door and oh.. my.. gosh.. Becky, the most BEAUTIFUL man opened the door. He was about my age and had blonde hair the the most beautiful huge blue eyes I have ever seen. 

When I was set apart as a missionary I was not aware that this calling also included complete social retardation and the ultimate awkwardness. Because when I saw Mr. Hunky hunk yummy eyes that were like the deep blue sea of perfection, I froze. Well Sister Tyler apparently felt the same way as I did cuz ain't nothin was comin out of her mouth either so I began fumbling over my words. "Hi we are missionaries from the Mormon church.. Uh... Uh... We like talked to you awhile ago.. And err uh like about church and you know.. And we don't know if you remember.. It might have been awhile ago.. But yeah um.. Are you still interested?"

His face was an expression of confusion mixed with amusement as he smiled and chuckled, "Nah, we are all set thanks though." And he shut the door. We walked away and all that was said was Sister Tyler's sarcastic remark, "Smooth." 

In case you might be confused, I was not smooth. No smoothness there at all. 

So yeah, after being humiliated there I have finally embraced the awkward that I now call life and I am trying so hard to love it.. So hard. 

No new investigators yet but don't fret we are working our little tails off still. 
Just keep on praying 😀👊🏻

SPRITUAL THOUGHT🎉

Loving people is hard. Especially when they are mean and slam a door in your face. But it is what we are commanded to do. "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34 God has challenged us to love others as God has loved us. Now that's a whole lot of love. So there is my challenge to you! Love love love. Even if they aren't Christian, even if they aren't nice, even if they hate you or mock you or try to destroy you. Love them. 
That is what God wants us to do. Love❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Things are going very well here though. I am happy and healthy and safe. The weather is getting cooler and the leaves are beginning to change! I am PUMPED for fall. Woot woot!

Please have a wonderful week my chick a dees.
Remember that God loves you!

And I do too:)

Love, sister Dickson 



No comments:

Post a Comment