Wednesday, January 20, 2016

✨Swimming in Sparkles✨

If I were to describe this week I would say that it was like playing in a pool full of sparkles- somewhat messy and stressful, but glorious and fabulous!

 So can I just please take a moment to brag about Paul, and Charlene and Tyler? Oh my gosh they are so awesome! So they just became member of the church and they are already giving us referrals, signing up to feed us, they are finding pictures of temples on Pinterest and setting it as their wallpaper, and coming to other lessons with us. They are such a blessing I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am that I get to teach them.

It's so cool thinking about to the first lesson we had with them and then seeing where they are now. They have changed so much and they are so happy! I love hearing their testimonies and seeing the gospel work miracles in their lives.

Sister Jensen and I had a lot of fun this week. We baked cookies for all the single ladies(please insert Beyoncés "Single Ladies" song now. 🎶 all the single ladies put your hands up! Whoa whoa whoa! 🎶🙋🏼) in the branch. And we had a spa night. We called it our pamper and pancakes night. We just got done working on the cow farm (where I didn't kill any baby cows this time in case you were wondering) so we deep conditioned our hair, did face masks, and ate blueberry muffin pancakes and drank homemade hot chocolate. Also Sister Jensen did my nails all cute and pink and sparkly. It's awesome!

Oh! So funny story. So on Saturday we were trying to find this less actives house and so we pull up to the drive way and then we get out of the car and see this big truck pull in right behind us and a man hops out.
"Do you have a birthday?" Was the first thing he said to us
"Well yeah I have a birthday- it's not today. But I have one. Do you have a birthday?" Sister Jensen asks.
"Well yeah I have a birthday. It's not today either."
"Oh ok then." We say
"Well are you Holly?" He asks
"No I'm not Holly."
"Oh, you don't live here?"
"No, we don't do you live here?"
"No, I'm just the delivery guy!" He says as he pulls out all these princess balloons from his truck.
Probably one of the strangest conversations I have ever had.
He was a pretty cool dude.

So another miracle that happened was that our investigator Ashley came to church on Sunday! Ashley.. How would I describe Ashley. Probably as a spicy white chick burrito stuffed full of love and humor. You never know what a lesson is going to be like with Ashley, but I know it will never be a boring one! Well we have been working with her for awhile on helping her come to church and on Sunday she finally came! It was awesome! She was glowing. We asked her how she liked it and she described it as she felt like she was home. Later that day we had a lesson with her and she said that the weirdest stuff kept happening to her. Like how whenever she goes to a church she is super nervous, but right when she walked through the doors of the chapel she didn't feel nervous at all and she felt happy. Also weird stuff like how answers to her prayers were in the words of the sacrament hymns and how she just felt welcomed and she never once felt judge.

At this point while she was talking about how much she loved church, you could imagine me jumping around in sparkles and singing hallelujah, because in my head I was. Then Ashely said the greatest thing, "I have decided that I would like to go to church every Sunday if that's aright." I mean, sure Ashley, if you want to go every Sunday I mean don't let us get in the way. And also she said "So like, who can I talk to about being baptized there?" Us Ashley.. Us. You can talk to us, and I am pretty sure we can set something up to make that happen for you.

BOOYAH. 👊🏼

So also on Sunday we had a lunch appointment with the sweetest lady Sister Harmon. Her son Scott was there and his non member daughter and her friend. Well after we ate we started to share our Restoration Apostasy Jenga lesson that we had planned to share, and it became quickly obvious that that lesson was not what they needed at that time. Then Sister Jensen starts bearing her testimony on prayer and on how much God knows and loves each and everyone of us. Let's just say the Spirit put words into our mouths and in a few minutes there wasn't a dry eye in the house. You could cut the spirit in there with a knife it was so strong.
I can honestly say that was the strongest time I have ever felt the Spirit on my mission-actually I take that back, it was the strongest time I have ever felt the Spirit in my whole life.

It was FABULOUS! 💁🏼
Well this coming weekend is another social media split. So look for the hashtags #lds #socialmediasplit #iammormon and you might just see some awesome pictures of me doing some awesome work. 📸
Ok so for my Spiritual thought this week I would like to share a scripture I found. It's in D&C 78:18 "And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours." I LOVE this scripture. More then I love Mac and cheese-and that's a lot of love. A part that sticks out to me is where is says for I will lead you along. We are never ever ever alone! We can lift up our eyes and see all the good and hope that the gospel brings. As we embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ and love by His teachings we have His promise that He will help us through hard times and that the reward will be the riches and blessings of the Kingdom of God.

Guys... This Gospel is so true. I am so lucky and so blessed to be a missionary at this time in my life.
I love you all so much. Thank you for all the support and love you show towards me. Have a good and safe week, and remember to keep calm because He will lead us along.

Love, Sister Dickson\


















They wanted to hear our message about Jesus- even if the silly humans didn't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment