Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Icicles on my eyelashes ❄️

Let me tell you, nothing is more rewarding then missionary work.
Monday night we had a lesson we Paul and Charlene and Tyler (our amazing now recent converts) all about temples. They are so excited to go do baptisms for the dead now! Seriously these people are so olden I can't even handle it! All day Monday everyone was telling us how bad it was going to snow on Tuesday. Which was hard for me to believe because of the "horrible, dreadful, scary" 3 inches of snow that was on Sunday.

But oh man it snowed soooo much. We got about a foot of snow and I got to finally wear my awesome big snow boots! Now people really don't understand that even when the weather is "bad" we still have to go out and save souls. So we were out and.. We got stuck twice! The first time we were stuck for 45 minutes and I was out there digging out around the tires. The second time I used my big strong arm muscles to push us out! Along with the help of a teenage boy.

Wednesday was wicked cold. And so was Thursday... And Friday.. And Saturday and Sunday. Especially today. It's like cold to the bone.

Paul and Charlene and Tyler all got confirmed on Sunday and it was beautiful! I'll never forget the look I saw on Paul's face when we bounced back to his seat after receiving the Holy Ghost. He smiled from ear to ear and I could just see the light shine from each of there eyes. I am so blessed to get to witness something so awesome!

So our new mission vision for 2016 is to have every member have a family or individual over to their house to be taught by the missionaries. So we have been working a lot with members teaching them the lessons and then inviting them to pray for someone who the can invite over. We already had one referral from it, which is awesome!

Wanna know something awesome?!?! We saw a moose on Sunday. But not just one moose, but two! We were driving down the road and they were off to the side eating some stuff. It was so sick!!

On Saturday we went back to the cow farm.. And I have bad news ๐Ÿ˜” last time I fed a sick baby cow too much milk. I didn't know I fed her too much and I thought I was helping her but then Brother Bissell informed me that she is in the beautiful green field in the sky.  Ah I feel so terrible! Brother Bissell says it probably wasn't my fault, but still I feel terrible.

So on that happy note it's time for a spiritual thought!

So Sister Jensen and I have really been putting our noggins together trying to figure out what would be best to help this area. And we have it figured out! It's through the members and strengthening and uplifting them. And satan is not happy with the plans that we made. And he has been trying so hard to break us down and distract us. So Sister Jensen and I asked the Elders for a strengthening blessing. And last night we were talking with Sister Simpson (the mission nurse) and she told us a quote from Brigham Young, " If you have a bad thought about yourself, tell it to go to hell because that's exactly where it belongs."

We are all children of God and we are all important to Him. Period. End of story. No ifs ands or buts. It's true that when we do good and follow God that the devil is going to try and attack us as hard as we can. Why would he try to drag down the ones who he already has? But God is so much more powerful and as long as you endure faithfully He will be there every step of the way.

I am so grateful for this gospel and the wonderful blessings that it brings!

I love you all sooo much!
Have an amazing week and stay safe and warm!
Love,
Sister Dickson





No comments:

Post a Comment