Friday, January 1, 2016

Ho Ho Ho Tis the Season ❄️๐ŸŽ„



Just hear those sleigh bells a ringle ling ting ting tingly wingly pingly doo!
It snowed ladies and gentlemen, it snowed๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿฝ❄️
But.. It's pretty much all gone now so, ok. Bye Felicia.
It's funny to think about, last year in Utah there was like no snow and here there was like nothing but snow and this year it did a flip flop.
It's cool, I'm down! But it is like cut you to the core, goosebumps to your bone, toes will never be warm kind of cold.


We have literally been running around from appointment to appointment all week. It's AWESOME! I am so tired when I get home at night that I am out like a light right when I hit the pillow. Fabulous! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ


We got two new investigators and received two referrals this week in addition to all that we are teaching. It's crazy because next week is like already almost full with all appointments. I have never had that happen before and I am pumped. We have been showing everyone we can the A Savior is Born video and it's so awesome how much people have loved it. The Christmas season is so awesome, it seems like everyone is happier then usual.


I went on exchange with my Sister Training Leader Wednesday and we saw miracles! Her name is Sister Eddington and she is from Oklahoma. She taught me so much about being bolder and talking to absolutely everyone! She is so kind and she is so spiritually in tune. It was so great getting to learn from her. I also got to drive while on exchange and I drove about 3 hours to zone conference! No dents, deaths, or accidents so I say it was a pretty dang good day.
Then on Thursday we had an awesome Christmas Zone Conference. I am going to talk about that more in my spiritual thought so stay tuned. There was also a talent show after conference, no I didn't participate. I know #lame. But it was so funny getting to see everyone else's talents!


Then Friday it was the same, running around from appointment to appointment. Then on Saturday it was the Branch Christmas party. They had a pot luck lunch and they set up different Nativity Scenes and had Christmas music playing. It was really nice, and what is even more awesome are our investigators who are getting baptized! They came to the party and afterwards had their baptism interviews and passed.
Can I please just take a moment and express to you all how awesome these people are.
They gave up coffee and smoking in 3 days so they could be baptized. They read the scriptures everyday and they love church! Also, the husband told us that while he was at work he wanted to listen to the radio, but then he decided to listen to General Conference talks instead. Keep in mind that we just barely explained to this family what General conference was like a few days prior. But not only did he just listen to them at work but he listened to the whole stinking October session of conference and re listened to ones he couldn't hear very well. They proceeded to tell us that they like having milk instead of coffee and how they pray every morning, night, and while they walk the dog. I probably looked funny as a sat there listening to them with my mouth dropped to the floor catching flies, because this is unheard of! They come to every church function and they come to church every week. WE ONLY STARTED TEACHING THEM LIKE IN A MONTH AGO! They are more committed then half the members.
They are so golden I can't even believe what I am typing right now.
We blessed, we blessed. Heavenly Father has prepared them so well I barely even feel like we are teaching them.
Being a missionary is so cool. I love it!
On Sunday us and the Elders gave a talk in sacrament meeting, it was kind of different because the Branch President asked us to teaching the congregation like how we teach in lessons. So Sister Jensen and I were both up there together at the same time teaching about the Savior just like in a lesson. We explained that even though we plan lessons ahead of time, that's usually not what we teach. The Spirit leads us into a different direction in order to fit best what the person needs to hear if what we planned isn't what they need right now. So that's how we gave our talk. It was pretty different but awesome! The Spirit was so strong in that room. It's so true that we are not the teachers, the Spirit is.
Which leads right into my spiritual thought. At Zone Conference, President Stoker asked us 3 questions.
1: what has Christ given you this Christmas?
2: what are you giving Him this Christmas?
3: what do you want for Christmas?
Ponder those questions in your hearts.
You know, I dreaded thinking about Christmas time while out here. I didn't want to be sad and homesick. I didn't want to see everyone else's Christmas Tree and wish I was home decorating mine with my family.
But with God nothing is impossible. Yes my lovely family I miss you. But I am not sad. I am not homesick. This is my first Christmas away from home and I can't help but rejoice!
All the lights, the gifts, the trees, the food, the music is such a great comfort to me. But that is not all, there is so much more to Christmas then just that! It's Christ! It's all about Christ.
I have heard that a million times before, you know. I have been reminded and taught ever since I was little that Christ is the true meaning of Christmas. But it never really hit me until now. Now that I am gone and I don't have a tree, or the Christmas movies, or even the time to do all those Christmasy things that I did before.
I am so grateful to be away this Christmas because I have come to discover the true gift. The greatest gift of all. The gift that was made possible all because a miracle baby was born.
I can rejoice and celebrate without my family and be happy, because of Him I am with my family forever.
And now I get to witness miracles as others discover that their families are forever too.
I know what I am giving my Savior this Christmas. What are you giving Him? Receive the gift that He has given you. Receive it gladly and thankfully!


Glory, glory to God in the highest and peace on earth good will to men.
Please have a happy happy merry Christmas. Celebrate and laugh and smile!


I love you all so very much!
Stay safe๐Ÿ’—
Love,
Sister Dickson




No comments:

Post a Comment