Thursday, November 12, 2015

PROM



Well this week has been pretty fantastic!


A lot of tracting and a lot of walking and talking and its just the life!(:


So something really cool is going on in our mission this weekend. We are doing a Social Media Split. So what that is, we are supposed to go out on splits with as many member as we can on the 13th, 14th and 15th. Then the member takes a picture of what we are doing and posts in on Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and etc. With the hastags #socialmediasplit #LDS #iammormon This is going to be a really cool event so I though it would be fun to tell you guys to search those hashtags on any of the social media accounts you have and if you see a picture of me share it on all of your accounts! This will being going on the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! It'll be fun(: Thanks(:


Well missionary prom was pretty fantastic. You better believe it that I was pumped! When we got home on Thursday night I took a bath and put a deep conditioner in my hair, painted my nails, dried my hair all nice. it was pretty fantastic. The conference was soo nice though. Elder Nielson from the presidency of the Seventy came and talked to us about how to find more people and how to be better missionaries. We focused a lot on the enabling power of the Atonement and how that can help our investigators change and come closer to Christ.


We also got to see the new Christmas video that will be coming out in December. It was AMAZING! to sad that you guys have to wait to see it. Perks of being a missionary for sure(:


So on Tuesday we were out tracting and we were just about to head to our dinner appointment when we get a text from the person who was supposed to feed us that she was so sorry but they had to cancel. I was pretty bummed at first but because of that a miracle happened. Sister Maxwell and I decided to head to South Berwick and finish tracting this town we started. After knocking on like 20 houses which all said no we decided to do just this last house. And oh my goodness I am so glad we did.


So a little back ground info on New England. NO ONE here uses their front door. Its always a side door or the back door. They always put like a big flower pot in front of their front door. I don't know why they don't use their front door it beats me but oh well!


So we go up to the side door of this house and you can see through the door into their kitchen. We knock on the door and this lady comes up to us with a big frown on her face holding a metal baseball bat in her hands.


You can pretty much assume I just about peed my pants when I saw her. I was sure that this was going to be the end of my life.


So she comes up to the door squints her eyes and puts the bat down and opens the door. "Hi girls! I'm sorry I didn't realize how scary I must have looked with that bat in my hands. I promise I was just killing some bugs."


Boy, I was so relieved that I didn't get smacked in the face with a baseball bat. This lady was so so so kind and when we invited her to learn more she said "absolutely!" She let us in and we taught her the restoration while her two sons listened in too. She loved it and said she would read the Book of Mormon on the plane ride down to her sisters house and she invited us to come back next week.


CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH!


HALLELUJAH we found her! I've always had a really good feeling about this town that we have been tracting. I knew there had to be somebody there and it took about 300 no's to find her but we did!


God is real, friends, God is real.


So for my spiritual thought this week I would love to share a quote I read from an Ensign talk. It is in the November 2006 Ensign in a talk called Wherefore, Settle This in Your Hearts by Larry W. Gibbons. He quotes Heber J. Grant and says, "President Heber J. Grant said: “There is but one path of safety to the Latter-day Saints, and that is the path of duty. It is not a testimony, it is not marvelous manifestations, it is not knowing that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, … it is not actually knowing that the Savior is the Redeemer, and that Joseph Smith was His prophet, that will save you and me, but it is the keeping of the commandments of God, the living the life of a Latter-day Saint.”


It is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass. The everyday little things such as being kind to one another, scripture study, prayer, and laughter that is going to save us. Keeping those simple commandments (which are really just going to bless our lives even more) and just trying a little harder to be a little better everyday. Heaven and complete joy in the Celestial Kingdom with our Heavenly Father is possible for everyone who has lived, is living, and who will ever live.
This is my testimony. This is truth. The light. The way.


Hey, I love ya'll! Thanks for all of your support and love.
Keep being awesome and have a good week!


Love, Sister Dickson

This is a legit road sign. Not something to be taken lightly. People here LOVE their cats

No comments:

Post a Comment