Saturday, November 21, 2015

On the Road Again...

Well my fellow people,
The moment of truth has come...
I am being transferred.

Oh man how I am going to miss the Somersworth Ward. They have become
like my home and family away from my home and family.

But I am also really excited to make new friends too!

Finally this area is starting to pick up. We have 9 investigators that
we teach on a weekly basis and finally the mission work has picked up
and I am leaving. I have a feeling that is going to be the story of my
life for my mission. That's ok though.

On Wednesday we had a really awesome day! We were going and checking
on potentials and we were teaching lesson after lesson. I've never
taught so many lesson in one day my whole mission. I felt like I was
on top of the world and I couldn't wait for the next day. So Thursday
comes around and the morning started off great. We had a lesson in the
morning with one of our new investigators and then as the day went on
everything we had planned crumpled up, started on fire and exploded
right in front of us. So we basically walked around all day long
because literally everything had fallen through. Oh yeah, did I
mention that it was pouring rain?

You could assume it was a pretty rough day. And you would be right.
But of course, our God is awesome, so He provided me a little tender
mercy.

Ginny is a sweet sweet lady that we volunteer with at a service we do
every Wednesday. Though she is set with her own religion, she is
literally one of the most Christ-like amazing person I have ever met.
I have grown pretty close to her over the months and she texted us
that rainy dreary Thursday and asked us if we could come over.

When we got there she sat us down on her couch and then looked at me
and smiled. "I have something for you!" She picked up this adorable
pink glass snowman and handed it to me. I'll never forget what she
said. "I love this little pink snowman because it always reflects
light. Just how you do. You really will never know how much light you
bring into our service every Wednesday. All the people you're helping
and the light your bringing into these people's lives." My heart
melted. It was just what I needed to hear. I'm sorry but I packed my
precious little snowman away but I will take a picture of it and show
y'all next Monday!

Tender mercies are so real. Ginny was an answer to my prayer that day.

This week I got to talk in Sacrament meeting. It was kind of nice
being able to talk my last week there. I talked on Christlike
Attributes and how we can develop them. Attributes like faith, hope,
love, charity, patience, diligence, virtue, humility, knowledge, and
obedience. It is through the strengthen and enabling power of Christ's
atonement that makes it possible for us to change from good people, to
better people.

Just try a little harder to be a little better everyday.

A great scripture that I would like to share with you all is 1 Peter
5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Give your worries and cares to Him. He cares for you so He will give
you the strength to endure and to have joy, especially through hard
times.

I love you all😀 thanks for all the support and love you are amazing!
Speaking of support I am leaving Berwick now, so if you are gonna send
something to me.. Don't.
Until next week when I have my new address😀 but if you just can hold
back and you need to mail me some goodies this very week, you could
always send it to the mission office. You'll have to contact my mother
for that information.. I should know what the address is, but I don't.
😊

Have an amazing week love bugs, keep being wonderful
Love,
Sister Dickson

Duck Sauce

Here is our crazy district 

This was an actual sign in an apartment building.
 Look for white van.
I think I would pass. 

Yes this was a real sign we saw while out
street contacting.
Hurry Laurie, call Jonathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment